On top of already being the first Korean artist to ever hit number one on the “Billboard 200 chart,” BTS (방탄소년단) continues to make new personal records and slay different charts and worldwide rankings!
Nielson Music recently revealed their Mid-Year Report for 2018, and BTS hit the top 10 list for physical albums sold in the United States! BTS’s most recent album, entitled Love Yourself: Tear, took the number nine spot with over 130,000 units sold. They are surrounded by many other incredible artists like Bon Jovi, Jack White, and Ed Sheeran! Check out the full rankings below:
1. Various Artists — “The Greatest Showman: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack” (sales of 389,000)
2. Jason Aldean — “Rearview Town” (257,000)
3. Dave Matthews Band — “Come Tomorrow” (244,000)
4. P!nk — “Beautiful Trauma” (235,000)
5. Justin Timberlake — “Man of the Woods” (226,000)
6. Keith Urban — “Graffiti U” (175,000)
7. Ed Sheeran — “Divide” (167,000)
8. Jack White — “Boarding House Reach” (145,000)
9. BTS — “Love Yourself: Tear” (132,000)
10. Bon Jovi — “This House Is Not For Sale” (129,000)
BTS also hit another top 10 within Nielson Music’s 2018 Mid-Year Report. On the “unofficial” United World Chart, Love Yourself: Tear sits at number four with an estimated 1,920,000 in equivalent sales worldwide! This is the highest any Korean group has gotten on any mid-year sales report!
With over 164,000 copies of the album sold in the U.S alone and an impressive level of popularity on foreign charts all around the world, it is estimated by many that BTS is well on their way to having the best-selling foreign album of 2018! Another BTS album— Love Yourself: Her— has also remained within the Billboard 200 for 37 weeks, since the album was initially released in October 2017.
How exciting for the group and their fans! Congratulations to BTS!
CaptainMal has been involved with Korean entertainment since 2010. She travels to conventions in her area, showcasing her “Kpop Game Show’” and occasional Kpop cosplay. Although her favorite bands are INFINITE, Super Junior, and VIXX, she boasts love for a huge variety of artists and has been lucky enough to see many perform live! Other than Kpop, CaptainMal loves Disney, 1980’s rock, Daft Punk, gaming, and orange juice.